Can I get YouTube TV on Roku in geo-restricted regions? No, you cannot get YouTube TV on Roku in geo-restricted regions unless you use a premium VPN. We recommend NordVPN.
YouTube TV is a leading streaming platform with millions of subscribers globally. It has a dedicated application for major streaming devices such as Android devices, iOS devices, Gaming consoles, Roku, and many more.
So, if you are a Roku user looking for ways to get around YouTube TV geo-restriction, you have come to the right place. Read this blog to learn how to stream YouTube TV on Roku from anywhere with the best YouTube TV VPNs.
Best VPNs Watch YouTube TV on Roku in November 2023
- NordVPN: Best VPN for YouTube TV on Roku.
- Surfshark VPN: Best VPN for YouTube TV on Roku at a reasonable price.
- Atlas VPN: Best VPN for YouTube TV on Roku.
How do I activate YouTube TV on Roku?
You can activate YouTube TV on Roku with the following steps:
- Tap on the home button on the Roku remote to navigate to the Roku home screen.
- Search for the Roku channel store.
- Scroll to find the YouTube TV channel.
- Add the YouTube TV channel.
- Open the YouTube TV application and sign in with your credentials.
- Choose your profile and start streaming YouTube TV on Roku.
How to Create US Roku Account to Watch YouTube TV?
Can I sign up for YouTube TV on Roku? Yes, you can sign up for YouTube TV on Roku. Follow these steps to create an account on Roku for YouTube TV:
- Sign up for a premium VPN and install it on your device. (We recommend ExpressVPN)
- Sign in to the VPN app with your login and password.
- Select a US server from the dropdown menu and connect to it.
- Once you’ve established a connection, Create a US Roku account at https://my.roku.com/signup.
- Select the United States as your nation from the dropdown menu, then enter a US Zip code.
- You can use the internet to look up any zip code, such as 99501, 85001, or 92803.
- Congratulations! You’ve successfully set up your Roku account in the United States.
- Now navigate to YouTube TV App on Roku to watch the contemporary YouTube TV Originals.
Why do you need a VPN to watch YouTube TV on Roku Outside USA?
You need a VPN to watch YouTube TV on Roku because it is geo-restricted outside the USA. A VPN will mask your IP address and replace it with one from a country where YouTube TV is available.
YouTube TV has IP tracking technology that blocks users from accessing the service from locations where it is not available. YouTube TV is geo-restricted outside the USA. It will immediately block your access based on your virtual local IP address.
There’s a workaround. You can watch YouTube TV on Roku in geo-restricted regions with a premium VPN. It will mask your IP address with an American IP address to trick Hulu location servers. The most recommended VPN for YouTube TV location trick on Roku is NordVPN.
How to Set Up Virtual Router on PC to watch YouTube TV on Roku outside USA?
To stream YouTube TV on Roku outside the USA, you must configure the VPN on your Roku. Setting up a VPN on Roku is a challenging endeavor. The easiest way to use a VPN on Roku is to set up a virtual router on a PC and connect it to the Roku device.
Follow these steps to set up a virtual router on your PC and use VPN to access YouTube TV on Roku outside USA:
- Turn on your computer > Navigate to Settings > Network & Internet and turn on Mobile Hotspot.
- Set Wi-Fi on Share My Internet Connection > Click Edit to create a new network and password.
- Go to Related Settings > Change Adapter Options and enter the new name in the Network Connection Screen.
- Select NordVPN, Tap Adapter, and go to Properties.
- Tap on Sharing, and you will allow other networks to pass through it.
- Choose the name of the internet connection that you created in Step 2.
- Launch the NordVPN app and connect to a US server.
- Connect the Roku device to the new virtual router.
- Install the YouTube TV App on a Roku device.
- Open the YouTube TV App to stream binge-worthy content on Roku.
The best VPNs for YouTube TV on Roku – our detailed list:
NordVPN – best VPN for YouTube TV on Roku
With its headquarters in Panama, this VPN provider is known for having the most servers of any provider in the industry. Enjoy best VPN for YouTube TV on Roku!
With more than 5,700 servers across the globe, NordVPN employs obfuscation technology to help you get around geo-restrictions.
In addition to servers, NordVPN offers a plethora of helpful features, including excellent encryption, blazingly fast speeds, a kill switch, double VPN, and many more.
Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, and other VoD services can all be unblocked with NordVPN, which is compatible with torrents.
With features like a kill switch, IP leak protection, six multi-logins, DNS leak protection, double VPN, 256-bit encryption, and OpenVPN protocol, you can accomplish your favorite online tasks with best VPNs for YouTube TV on Roku without revealing your identity.
Pricing to buy best VPN for YouTube TV on Roku – NordVPN
When it comes to sales, NordVPN is best VPN for YouTube TV on Roku. With a 30-day money-back guarantee, NordVPN’s 2-year subscription + 3 Months Free is available for $3.19/mo, saving you 69%.
Surfshark VPN: 85%+ off + 4 months free – best VPN for YouTube TV on Roku
- Despite being a newcomer to the world of VPNs, Surfshark has just what you need to suit your streaming needs and SurfShark is offering best VPN for YouTube TV on Roku.
- With over 3200 servers worldwide and a large number of servers in South Africa, you can watch anything on any device.
- Aside from that, Surfshark has a number of security features, including the ability to secure an unlimited number of devices at the same time.
- When it comes to pricing, Surfshark is only $2.30/mo. for a 2-year subscription with 4 months free; the plan also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Despite being one of the more recent VPNs to hit the market, Surfshark has distinguished itself with its cost-effective services that don’t compromise on security. Surfshark even permits an infinite number of concurrent connections, so you can present the family members the ability to browse anonymously and remove geo-restrictions.
A private search engine, real-time antivirus protection, breach notifications, data security reports, and more are all included in the Surfshark One bundle. With four free months and an 85% discount, Surfshark One can be purchased for just $2.69 a month, which is a great deal for a full security package.
Atlas VPN: 86% off 2-year plan + 6 months extra – best VPN for YouTube TV on Roku
- AtlasVPN is a fast and affordable VPN and best VPN for YouTube TV on Roku used to access a variety of streaming services of India.
- It is a safe, high-performance VPN that provides access to all main zones.
- AtlasVPN will cost $1.82/mo. for 2 years with 6 months extra. The plan is covered by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- AtlasVPN has over 1000+ servers worldwide with fast connections, allowing you to choose whatever location you desire with a single click.
How much is YouTube TV on Roku?
As a cord-cutter, you must be wondering How much is YouTube TV? Well, the following are the YouTube TV Cost and Subscription Plans:
|YouTube TV (No Ads)
|YouTube TV + Live TV
|Price in US Dollars
|USD 7.99/mo or USD 79.99/yr
|It allows you to stream different channels on two simultaneous screens. You can keep track of the trending shows on My Stuff. It offers an AutoPlay feature. You can create up to six profiles and binge the critically-acclaimed content in 1080p/60fps. It lets you listen to content in 5.1 surround sound and 2.0 stereo.
|It offers unlimited access to a compelling content library with no commercials. You can keep track of the fascinating content through My Stuff. It allows you to watch content in 4K. Moreover, you can download select titles to your supported devices to stream them offline.
|YouTube TV Live TV offers 65+ channels. 7-day free trial available. Up to six users can access one account at once. YouTube TV + LIVE subscription comes with ads.
Note: The prices are subject to change per the international exchange rates.
What Bundles are offered by YouTube TV?
In the above section, we have informed about the YouTube TV prices. If you are a Cord Cutter, the best part is that YouTube TV also offers bundle pricing. Following are the YouTube TV Bundles:
|YouTube TV with Ads (Disney+, ESPN+ & YouTube TV)
|YouTube TV with no Ads (Disney+, ESPN+ & YouTube TV)
|YouTube TV No Ads + Live TV (YouTube TV, ESPN+ & Disney+)
|Price in US Dollars
|The following plan gives you access to Disney Plus, YouTube TV, and ESPN Plus. You can enjoy all the content you want, but the plan includes ads.
|The following plan includes unlimited access to Disney Plus, YouTube TV, and ESPN Plus and doesn’t include ads.
|It offers unlimited access to a comprehensive content library with ad-free access to live channels. You can stream seasons of exclusive hit movies, kids, and YouTube TV originals. Moreover, you can stream multiple popular channels at a time.
Note: YouTube TV (With Ads) + Live TV, Disney+ (No Ads), and ESPN+ (With Ads) subscription plan is no longer available for plan switch or purchase. Existing subscribers can keep the plan if they do not cancel it.
Why YouTube TV is not Working on Roku? [Quick Fix [full_month] [year]]
Are you wondering why can’t you watch YouTube TV on Roku? You can’t watch YouTube TV on Roku due one of the following reasons:
- Your Roku device does not support YouTube TV, or you must reinstall the YouTube TV app and restart the device.
- You are using an outdated version of the YouTube TV application, and Roku devices are compatible with the latest models of Roku. Therefore, upgrade your device to get YouTube TV on Roku.
- YouTube TV might not be working because of the geo-restriction. If you persevere in watching YouTube TV outside the USA, you will be redirected to an error. However, you can use a premium VPN to watch Hulu on Roku from anywhere.
How to Fix YouTube TV not working error on Roku?
You can fix YouTube TV not working error on Roku with the following troubleshooting ideas:
- Update your firmware.
- Power reboot your device.
- Update YouTube TV and VPN applications.
- Restart your device.
- Clear the App cache and history.
Which Roku Devices Support YouTube TV?
The following Roku devices are compatible with YouTube TV:
- Roku 1
- Roku 2
- Roku 3
- Roku 4
- Roku LT (2700X)
- Roku Express
- Roku Express+
- Roku TV
- 4K Roku Ultra
- 4K Roku Ultra LT
- 4K Roku Premiere
- 4K Roku Premiere+
- Roku Streaming Stick
- K Roku Streaming Stick+
- 4K Roku Smart Speaker
Which Roku Devices are not Supported by YouTube TV?
Unfortunately, the following Roku models are incompatible with YouTube TV:
- Roku HD model 2500X
- Roku 2 HD models 3000X and 3050X
- Roku 2 XS model 3100X
- Roku Streaming Stick models 3400X and 3420X
- Roku LT model 2400X and 2450X
Why can’t I access YouTube TV on Roku outside USA?
You might be unable to access YouTube TV on Roku outside USA because of the following possible causes:
- There’s a mismatch in the GPS location and IP address of your device.
- You have cookies on your streaming device that reveal your true location.
- Your VPN is unable to get around YouTube TV geo-clocks.
- There’s a data or IP leak.
- YouTube TV has blacklisted your VPN server.
Is YouTube TV Available on Older Roku Models?
YouTube TV announced that it would no longer be compatible with outdated Roku devices. So if you have one, it’s time to upgrade to a version that can successfully stream YouTube TV.
YouTube TV is available on some older Roku models, although significant limitations and software updates might be required. The Roku Streaming Player (models 2400 to 3100) and Roku Streaming Stick (models 3420 or older) use the standard YouTube TV app.
It does not include YouTube TV premium add-ons or the YouTube TV Plus Live TV streaming service.
Which Roku TV models are compatible with YouTube TV?
The following Roku TV models are compatible with YouTube TV:
Compatible Devices with YouTube TV other than Roku
Here’s a list of devices other than Roku that are compatible with YouTube TV:
- Android Devices
- iPhones and iPads
- Fire Tablets
- Contour 2 and Contour Stream Player
- Android TV (selected models)
- Nintendo Switch
- Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- Xfinity Flex Streaming TV Box
- Apple TV (4th generation or above)
- Echo Show (8, 10, and 15)
- LG TV (selected models)
- Mac and PC browsers/apps
- Xfinity X1 TV Boxes
- Samsung TV (selected models)
- VIZIO Smart Cast TVs
What are the Top 20 Shows and Movies on YouTube TV?
Following are the top 20 shows and movies on YouTube TV:
- Minding the Gap (2018)
- Honeyland (2019)
- Apollo 11 (2019)
- Summer of Soul (2021)
- Collective (2019)
- Shoplifters (2018)
- Amazing Grace (2018)
- The Fight (2020)
- Parasite (2019)
- Portrait of a Lady on Fire (2019)
- Nothing Like a Dame (2018)
- Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am (2019)
- Mike Wallace is Here (2019)
- Sorry To Bother You (2018)
- Possessor: Uncut (2020)
- Only Murders in the Building (2021)
- Reservation Dogs (2021)
- What We Do in The Shadows (2019)
- PEN15 (2019)
- McCartney 3,2,1 (2021)
Which Live Channels are available on YouTube TV on Roku?
Following is the list of live channels available on YouTube TV on Roku:
|BET, Comedy Central, Bravo, Freeform, E!, and Lifetime.
|ABC News, Fox News, The Weather Channel, CNBC, and MSNBC.
|NASA, National Geographic, History, and Discovery.
|ESC, BTN, ACCN, ESPN, and FS1.
|Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, Boomerang, Universal Kids, and Cartoon Network.
Can you access YouTube TV on Roku in Other Countries?
With the help of NordVPN, you can access YouTube TV in the following countries:
- YouTube TV in Thailand
- YouTube TV in Mexico
- YouTube TV in Japan
- YouTube TV in Malaysia
- YouTube TV in Singapore
- YouTube TV in Germany
- YouTube TV in Brazil
- YouTube TV in South Africa
- YouTube TV in New Zealand
- YouTube TV in Ireland
- YouTube TV in UK
- YouTube TV in Australia
- YouTube TV in Europe
- YouTube TV in Philippines
- YouTube TV en México
YouTube TV Roku – FAQs
How to download YouTube TV content on Roku?
You can download YouTube TV content on Roku with the following steps:
- Get a premium subscription to YouTube TV for USD 14.99.
- The downloadable content titles have a download logo next to the title of the TV show/movie.
- Navigate to the details page of the content.
- Tap on the download icon to get YouTube TV content on Roku.
- Navigate to the bottom of the application to find the download icon to stream all offline devices on your Roku device.
What’s the difference between a Roku and a YouTube TV subscription?
YouTube TV is a service, while Roku is hardware. Roku is a streaming media player that allows users to watch their favorite movies and TV episodes. YouTube TV is a streaming service that costs $7.99 per month, the only noticeable difference between Roku and YouTube TV.
What is Roku Pin for YouTube TV?
For YouTube TV or other streaming services, a Roku pin is a four-digit code you create for your account. This four-digit pin is required to install YouTube TV on a Roku device.
How do I install YouTube TV on Roku?
You can install YouTube TV on Roku with the following steps:
- Navigate to the Home screen of your Roku device with your remote.
- Go to Roku channel store > Scroll and Select YouTube TV
- Tap on Add Channel to confirm.
Why does YouTube TV Roku continue to buffer?
Suppose you’re having trouble buffering YouTube TV or YouTube TV Live on your VIZIO smart TV, Roku, Firestick, PC, PS4, or other devices. In that case, it’s possible that your internet connection is down, or that your YouTube TV app or device system is outdated. YouTube TV caches or web browser caches that have been corrupted.
How to sign out of YouTube TV on Roku?
Follow these steps to sign out of YouTube TV on Roku:
- Select your profile icon on the main page of YouTube TV.
- Scroll down and select log out.
- Select log out of YouTube TV to confirm. You will be taken to the YouTube TV login Roku page.
How to switch YouTube TV profiles on Roku?
Follow these steps to switch YouTube TV profiles on Roku:
- Sign in on YouTube TV.
- Navigate to the top right corner.
- Select the Profile Icon.
- Tap on the shape you want to select. (You can also create a new profile on YouTube TV).
Why doesn’t YouTube TV work on Roku?
YouTube TV might not be working on Roku because of your slow internet connection. To check the internet speed and connection, navigate to Settings > Network > Assess connection to check if your internet is working and you have adequate internet strength. In case you have no connectivity, troubleshoot your internet router.
How do I change the language on YouTube TV on Roku?
You can change the language on YouTube TV on Roku with the following steps:
- Press the “*” button on your Roku controller.
- It will pop up in the Audio menu.
- Select the Subtitle setting and tap on your preferred language.
- Navigate to Roku Home.
- Go to Settings, Select System > System Update > Check Now.
- If any YouTube TV update is available, it will automatically download it.
- The language setting you have selected for YouTube TV will be autosaved.
Does Roku have monthly fees?
No, you don’t have to pay monthly to watch live channels on Roku.
Is YouTube TV no longer on Roku?
With the new updates, YouTube TV is no longer available on Roku 4.
How do I update YouTube TV on Roku?
You can update YouTube TV by navigating to the Roku home page, selecting Settings, and choosing System Update.
Is YouTube TV available on Roku yet?
Several Roku models, including the Roku Ultra, can stream YouTube TV and (YouTube TV + Live TV). In addition, Roku Premiere and Premiere Plus are two different types of Roku devices.
You can now set up YouTube TV on your Roku devices and watch your favorite movies and shows. You’ll adore YouTube TV because it offers all original YouTube TV movies and much more. We tried to find the most accurate information and guide on our website.
I hope you enjoyed reading about ways how to watch YouTube TV on Roku. So, if you have some queries, feel free to post them over the platform. We always warmly welcome questions from users.